Discussion Board

Question query on image processing using j2me

Im new to J2ME and the forums, doing a college project having alot of difficulties.

im not very sure how to go about this project. but here goes... I was told that other SDk's have libraries/fiunctions to perform beasic image processing: zoom, contrast enhancement and brightness adjustment.

according to what i've gathered, these operations are possible using the latest wtk(j2me 2.2) and by using mmapi. when i finally got my copy of j2me wtk 2.2, and when i checked the documentation/api, i didnt notice any new classes which support the functions I badly need (no functions even for reading and writing to image files).

I might be mistaken.Can anybody guide me in the proper use of the wtk and show me which classes/libraries I could use to perform image processing? Any help anyone could give will be a blessing. I really need help here coz I really am new to mobile applications development. Can anybody also suggest good references for this kind of project? Thank you...

Havent seen any API that can do any imageprocessing for MIDP.
    But it would be simple for anyone that is familure with some gfx processing to write such an package.
    Contact me if you want to make such a deal

Super Contributor
    There are methods for getting an array of pixels from an Image and creating an Image from an array of pixels in the Image class since version 2.0 (many MIDP 1.0 devices have proprietary APIs to do this). Apart from that you can do 90 degree rotations and flips with the Sprite class in the Game API. Any other features you'll have to implement yourself. I can help you out with scaling, but be careful with it because it's a memory hog.

shmoove

can you manipulate bytes from one image format to another? say jpeg to png using only midp supported libraries?

query on image processing using j2me

Originally posted by shmoove
    There are methods for getting an array of pixels from an Image and creating an Image from an array of pixels in the Image class since version 2.0 (many MIDP 1.0 devices have proprietary APIs to do this). Apart from that you can do 90 degree rotations and flips with the Sprite class in the Game API. Any other features you'll have to implement yourself. I can help you out with scaling, but be careful with it because it's a memory hog.

shmoove
    thank you sir for your help. i will be trying this out and be notifying you on my progress. Thank you sir again.