Discussion Board

Super Contributor

c:\system\data\application.dat

Hi,

anybody knows, what is this file used for? It is created after phone boot, and it has inside application UIDs. But modyfiing it or deleting it nothing change.

I want to switch into my own phonebook instead of the one installed on the phone... Could this be done?? Or completelz impossible? Every idea is welcomed.

Bye
    STeN

hi,
    afaik, the application.dat file holds information abouth applications' icons positions in the menu. like messaging application is first then galery vs...
    changing application.dat file needs a reboot.
    but i did not try to modify it, just used it store and restore...

lunching your own phone book application may be possible. if you make your application run in background and request for keys (EKeyOK) to be handled by your application then you can lunch your own phonebook application. just try and see. it works for application button and should work for ok button.

cemal.

Super Contributor
    Hi,

thanx - ok - should work, in the situation when user select phonebook icon from main grid... But how to solve this when application switch to the phonebook view using its UID?? I want in such situations switch to my enhanced phonebook....

Do you have any ideas??
    Thanx
    STeN

Originally posted by stenlik
    Hi,

thanx - ok - should work, in the situation when user select phonebook icon from main grid... But how to solve this when application switch to the phonebook view using its UID?? I want in such situations switch to my enhanced phonebook....

Do you have any ideas??
    Thanx
    STeN
    sory
    no idea.
    imho, it seems to be imposible.

cemal.

Super Contributor
    Hi,

I saw it!, so it must be possible, but question is if with normal public SDK...

bye
    STeN

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hello,

Have you tried to overwrite phonebook application by using the same uid. In the S80 this is supported, hope in other environments also.

Br V