Discussion Board

Frame per second up to 15 for Video

I don't know why for Video conveter there is limit for Fps( frame per second). Video in 3gp format should be able to support 25 fps but when I try to use the tool - MMconverter 2.0, the top is 15. I got the low quality video file than source.
    Should I find another tool to converte?

Re: Frame per second up to 15 for Video

I dont think that you should find another converter, i mean thats the best frame rate you can get considering the small screen size, and other technology limitations of the mobile phone. You should also be aware that you cannot achieve TV quality video with a mobile phone, atleast not now.

Thank you very much!

BUT I still think that should be supported by mobile phone - Copyright or license is the key factor why we can not use high quality video... like mp3...

I have a Nokia 7710 which has BIG screen but I have to suffer low quality video.

I had the same problem with MMconverter 2.0. But I don't understand why a guy gave me a video in 3GP on my phone (N91) that was 25 fps, encoded with Quick time. I'm thinkin' about Quick time pro..

Nokia Developer Expert

I reccomend you use Quicktime Pro to encode for higher FPS. MMConvertor only outputs files that are 3gpp compilant which has a max framerate of 15.