Discussion Board

Video streaming in MIDP ?

Hi,
    I'd like to write player of streamed video for MIDP1/2 phones (Series 40).

As far as I understood I can either:

1) write my on VideoPlayer for video format that I create
    2) write my on VideoPlayer for video format that exists already (mp4, 3gp ..)
    3) find some way how to stuff streamed media to J2ME VideoPlayer and make it play it back in streamed fashion i.e. so that it doesn't dowload whole file before playing it. (However VideoPlayer is not available on all MIDP phone. e.g. Nokia 6230 doesn't have it)

is that right ? Was there any success on any front ? Or could anyone point me in the right direction ?

Cheers for any comment,
    Michal

Or it would be helpful to know if there was some iniciative/success in implementing progressive download (downloading chunks of video and playing it while downloading following chunk in the background).

Michal

Re: Video streaming in MIDP ?

Hai
    I am Also Doing Same But While playing and downloading when 2nd video starts playing it play from start i want that it should play from last point what should i do..........

Thanks

Super Contributor

vijaypatidar, unfortunately I cannot understand what is the problem. You want to play the second video from where? Are you using streaming or not? Does the phone support that? What phone are you using? etc.

You need to describe your problem in more detail.

Hartti

Thanks Hartti

Actually i am working on playing video while it is Downloading and video format is 3gp i am able to play first part of stream (200 kb) but not able to play next part of stream may be that it losses headers information.

how can we append header information in second Part of stream pls help me.

Thanks

vijay patidar
    Last edited by vijaypatidar; 2008-03-19 at 11:22.

Super Contributor

If you use streaming (like RTSP) you just start the playback using that stream and you do not need to worry about 2nd part or 3rd part and so on.

But is it so that you are not using RTSP? In this case you need to download one video first, then start playing that part while at the same time you start downloading the next video clip, which you will hopefully start playing immediately after the playback of the first part has been finished (hopefully the download has been completed at that time already)
    Is this what you are doing?
    And why do you not want to use RTSP?

Hartti

Thank you very much
    We are targeting most of the mobile phones of all the careers in USA and not all phone support RTSP so we are trying with HTTP protocol.

using HTTP how can we do so?

Any Solution Pls help us.

Thanks Again.

Vijay Patidar

Hai

There is still no solution for adding header information into mp4
    chunks for HTTP .

we just want to retrieve header information of first part of mp4 video and add that header with subtable changes to 2nd, 3rd and so on chunks of mp4 how can i do so?
    Thanks

vijay patidar
    Last edited by vijaypatidar; 2008-03-25 at 10:42.