Discussion Board

Stuck in My Very First Application :(

Hello All !

I am developing my first program and I am stuck in it. Well, when i execute "bldmake .. " it says sumthing like Perl installed or not ??? So What is Perl .... why do i need to install it ... How i install it ... which version I install it and from where do i install it.
    I hope some one can help me out from this and also give me some other hints that will be helpful in future. Will i be able then to work in Visual Studio environment. and create application for mobile device.

Thankx alot

Regular Contributor
    Read the "Getting Started" document which comes with the SDK. This should answer a lot of getting started questions,

michael
    --

Yes I have :(

Yes I have read and have followed all the steps. I am not able to create a dsw i.e. workspace for my project and i have read somewhere that i need to create it by using bldmake & abld commands.but the problem is that they need perl command. So I am stuck here and i m now seeking some1 help. I hope some1 comes and help me .. thanx anyway

Regular Contributor
    You will need Perl installed because when you run abld perl scripts are executed to build the application. You can download a copy of Perl from:
    http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/

michael
    --