Discussion Board

Thumbs down Developing Nokia 6600 Apps with MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.0

Hi!
    I'm currently trying to develop Java applications for the NOKIA 6600 using NetBeans 4.0 with Mobility Pack.
    I tried to write a little game demo with MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.0... but now I stuck because the Compiler always says, that native methods should not appear. It always happens when I try to add my own classes, non midlet Classes, even if I create a class that extends Canvas or GameCanvas Netbeans won't let me start my application

I'm no kinda disappointed about Java. I just think it can't be that I can not implement my own classes.....

Is there any solution for my problem ? Please help... It makes me really sad and driving crazy at the same time...

Ciao...

Regular Contributor
    why dont you use sdk to compile...?
    just wondering.....

Hi, thank you for your fast reply!
    Hm, isn't NetBeans using the same compiler as the SDK does ? if not, how shall I use the SDK to compile my games?

The error always appears when the compiler is "preverifying" the code/game...

So my general question was if it is possible to implement own classes when I'm using CLDC 1.0 and how it can be down? I really really got stuck

At first I was developing with CLDC 1.1 and everything was working fine, till I found out that Nokia 6600 only supports CLDC 1.0 and then the problems begun

Regular Contributor
    of course you can develop your own class, unless your midlet class conform to the midlet standard..and your own class use only j2me supported api.
    using nokia sdk ensure your app can be run on real device(should be)....although sometime is not.

depends on which series you are developing, download the correct sdk to compile and test......