Discussion Board

General Access to the Phones Addressbook

Hi, I'am desperate looking for an possibility to access (R/W) the phones specific Addressbook and Calendar. I have only found the JSR-075, but which Nokia devics support this technology? Or exists an alternative?

Thank you for reading!

Best regards from Berlin
    Sascha

Super Contributor
    Hi..
    Got some stuff from the forum itself...But dont know this will work or not.....

>>I supposed you want to access the phone book in the phone with j2me application? If thats the case, you can look for phones that come with JSR 185, or JTWI. Phones that are JTWI-compliant will allow access to the phone book when user is editing a TextBox or TextField with constraint set as TextField.PHONENUMBER.

I know Nokia 6230, 6260 & 7610 are JTWI-compliant as i have already tested on them. Actually, i have just posted a related topic. You may want to take a look: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/f...&threadid=55401
    >>

regards
    Gopal

Hi, thank you for your fast answer.
    Yes i want to access the phone book.. But the Problem is i need read and write access. The spcific case is an synchronisationsoftware.
    The link is dead, but i heard about it. This an very useful trick (It's very good to know) but i need a real solution. Do you have a another idea?

Best regards
    Sascha

Regular Contributor
    for JTWI, I have tried on 6630 and it works perfectlly in reading the address book..and in some SE phones..
    but , if you wanna to read and write, then I think that you have to wait for the jsr 75...
    now, no jsr75 supported phone...

Super Contributor
    Hi...

The list of Nokia devices that support File connection(JSR75)

Series40: 6235, 6255,6822
    Series60: 6630
    Series80: 9300, 9500

regards
    Gopal

Regular Contributor
    oh sorry
    and you are right...
    I make myself confuse about se phone and nokia phone...:>