Discussion Board

Question Video streaming with Symbian

hi
    Is it posible video streaming with Symbian OS with series-60,40,90 C++ programing. If it is posible please tell me the information about it and what are the OS and SDK version which Streaming available. I've been trying to find some information on internet but still i'm unsuccessfull.

Thanks

Super Contributor
    Series 40 is only Java MIDP enabled platform. Series 60, 80, 90 allow you to write apps in C++, but as far as I know there is no public API that would allow you to do video streaming. But you can record and play 3gpp files to/from local storage (this is dependent on the phone).

It is possible to play video's on symbian 7 and up. You should use the CVideoPlayerUtility. The documentation is not great though; you should have a look at the header file. There is an example application too: Video_Example_v1_0. Good luck.

Super Contributor
    Yes. Unfortunately it is not example of the video streaming capabilities. Using this API you can only record/play video files "offline".

Regular Contributor

Re: Video streaming with Symbian

hi reader

Is video streaming possible without using openUrlL() of CVideoPlayerUtility with symbian 9.1, series 60 sdk 3rd edition

regards
    ruchi
    ruchi.gupta@bhartitelesoft.com
    Last edited by ruchig_iic; 2006-10-23 at 05:17.