Discussion Board

Thread: Nokia 6600

Nokia 6600

Hey all !!!

Has the bluetooth in Nokia 6600 got SSP ? What I want to exactly know is that I want it to connect it to Bluetooth GPS Receiver. The specification of the GPS Receiver says it (Bluetooth GPS Receiver) is Compatible with Bluetooth devices with SPP (Serial Port Profile). So Kindly please tell me will Nokia 6600 will be then compatible with it ?

Regards

yes the 6600 should do that.
    But not a easy way for a beginner.
    I have a similary problem to etablish connection to a Serial Port Profile (SPP, RFCOMM) device from my JAVA programm which is running on a phone.

Okay Thanx ... well i just wanted to confirm whether Nokia 6600 Bluetooth supports SSP ... So I can buy it now :P

Correct me if I am wrong or Even tell me I am stating write as well

Thanx alot

Regards

What do you think about the 6630?

It is a more powerfull device included with 3g (UMTS).
    It has the same screen size.
    You can play Mp3 in Stereo, on 6600 with third party software only mono.
    You can acess to files with java, on 6600 you can not acess to files.
    I think the 6630 has more memory. (ok problems with the dual voltage memory cards bigger then 64MB not buyable at this moment).
    The camera should be better (sorry I think the pictures only for kids my cam does only shot badly noisy pictures round about 1200x900)

I dont know what you want programm, but I got no feedback to my bluetooth problems in this forum
    I want do similary the same I want use the serial port profile, but nobody does help me on my thread. Maybe my questions are to simple.