Discussion Board

standalone python application

Has anybody succesfully created standalone application using the py2sis tool?
    I can create and install the .sis file fine, but starting the application will cause system error -2 failure. This script itself works fine when ran from the python application.

Further study showed that the .sis file contains only .app, .rsc and default.py files and not my own script file which was used to create the .sis.
    Last edited by uncl3; 2005-02-09 at 18:24.

Regular Contributor
    Notice that you have to have Python for Series 60 (i.e. the SIS-file) installed to your device also, see the release notes:

"
    Standalone Python applications generated by py2sis tool require Python for Series 60 installed on the target device.
    "

The version number given when invoking "py2sis" (i.e. "--presdk20" or not) needs to match to your device.

Your own script e.g. "helloworld.py" is renamed to "default.py" by "py2sis". The contents remain the same.

I have installed the .sis file from PythonForSeries60_2ndEd_SIS.zip to my 6630. I have also uploaded my script with bluetooth, installed it, and succesfully run it from the python application (on the device).

The default.py script which is in the py2sis created .sis file is not my script, but the same default.py which comes with the python application.