Discussion Board

installing a game on 3100

Okey, so I wrote a simple hello-world-like program and now I want to install it on my 3100 phone. I uploaded jar and jad files to a www server and I tried to download them, but I couldn't. I guess it's a silly problem, but I couldn't figure out the answer in internet and I'm handicapped with connection time. Please give me some tips, thanks.

Super Contributor
    Hi..
    U can easily transfer ur Jar file to the mobile by using a datacable and Nokia PCsuite.also if ur fone is BT enabled u can transfer thru BT.
    If U r specific in transferring through Internet ; sorry I have not tried it Yet!

regards
    Gopal

thanks for replaying, but i don't have any cable and i have to download it via gprs.

Try the doc from J2ME wireless toolkit.

Hello, if you want it OTA (over the air), you can try to the read doc from J2ME wireless toolkit given when you install it.

Look in the section "2.6 Deploying Applications on a Web Server" in the "J2ME Wireless Toolkit User's Guide"

Maybe it's going to help.

I'm new in that matter since I started J2ME 3 hours ago

Since I have the serial data cable, I tried to install my hello world application on my Nokia 3100 with Nokia Pc Suite, but i can only copy de .Jar to my fone, not the .JAD ... Is the .Jad must be installed ? Do I have something to install on my fone to make it work because it's not working.. Maybe I missed a step... Do I have to install something like MIDP application reader on my fone in order to make my litle app running ?

If I can get help, tx...

And I wish I help you too about the OTA way...