Discussion Board

6310 - ipaq 3870 bluetooth conneciton

Somebody know why my ipaq cannot connect with my 6310 to go to Internet? The bluetooth is activated in both sides, I can send cards in both sides, it is possible to navigate via wap. The message in the 6310 is something like AUtentification failed.
    The ipaq and the 6310 are vinculated.

Thanks a lot

RE: 6310 - ipaq 3870 bluetooth conneciton

Have you managed to establish a bonded DUN connection between the two devices?
    The Authentication failure is it between the devices or is it your dialup to internet that fails?

Have you tried the Compaq web-site, as I nearly bought the ipaq 3780 based on Compa's claim that it was "compatable with the 6310". BTW, I can't vouch for the copmpa site as I decided to go for the Palm M515, and I'm begining to regret that decision!

dear Irizar,
    I know exactly what is causing this problem.
    I had the same problem when I bought the Nokia 6310.I phoned my ISP & they said I should discard my Nokia.I thought what? You know what? Most of these shops and ISPes dont know much about what they are selling to the publiic.
    Having said my piece here is the answer. The Nokia 6310 first came out with the OS 4.1 which was not quite complete because BT had just begun and not yet standardized.Soon OS 4.20 came out which irons out the bugs that prevent the iPaq 3870 or any BT iPaq for that matter.The next thing to do is join Club Nokia ...Aha! not tricky at all.The point is you will get a free upgrade only takes 3hrs.After that everything falls into place.Iam sure you will be glad you bought a Nokia 6310 and iPaq 3870.
    To bond the iPaq BT and the Nokia 6310 is simple.
    1. switch the 6310 to BT and make sure" 6310 is seen by all".
    2.switch on your iPaq BT and open manager and tick box on 6310.as recognized.
    3.save the recognition .
    4.next comes servives ..tap on services and choose modem at the bottom of the list and tap OK.
    5. Once that is done close all windows and go straight to connections and you're done.
    Ofcourse you should know how to set up your system.
    enjoy
    zmukwa1

For further help, go to:
    http://www.ipaqsoft.net/pdf/6310-H3870-BT%20Jacket-Configuration%20guide.pdf

I couldn't connect at all but I upgraded the firmware to 4.20 for free at a club nokia care centre (check the website for the nearest) and also took the compaq service pack for their bluetooth manager. Without version 1.1b of this you'll have trouble.

I still had problems when the ISP came to verify the username and password but when I used an account from a different ISP they had no problem so it looks like the error was with the ISP.