Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question Camera Application Porting Problem

Hi...

i have developed an application of using onboard camera refering camera example given in forum Camera Example, I have also done in the same manner as in example but when i am porting to the device 6600 then application is not running.......why???.......how should i run that application on my device 6600??? is there anything else like plug-ins i have to install???

Thankx in advance

Amit

Nokia Developer Expert
    For 6600 you could basically make the camera app by using either Ecam or camera server implementation, they both should work just fine.

anyway, could you tell more about the behaviour you are experiencing ? any crashes, any error notes shoewn ?

yucca

Regular Contributor
    hi yucca,

now, i have used the camera example by modifying it little bit as per my application requirement as a plug-in in my another application and its working fine right now, if i will face any problem in future then i will let you know.......Thankx anyways..

Amit

I'm facing the same problem,

Amit,
    can you share how you got this working?
    did you install the camera plugin sdk thing? (the large 135MB file)? <I was not able to do so it complains that I don't have the SDK or something in the install shield setup>

I'm able to compile CameraApp (after removing reference to avkon.loc ) but the application quits in the emulator with no apparent error,

I'm using Series 60 2nd Edition SDK for Symbian OS Supporting Feature Pack 2 for C++ Supporting Metrowerks CodeWarrior.

any help mostly appriciated.
    all I want is to programmatically take a picture and do something with the image.
    thanx a bunch
    --tzurs.

Regular Contributor
    dear,

i haven't installed any camera plug-ins for that, instead i used that CameraApp example as plug-in and manipulated that code according to our application specific requirement. And that is working absolutely fine.