Discussion Board

Thumbs down 6810 / bmw bluetooth compatability

Is there any way of getting the 6810 to link in to the bmw bluetooth setup. Surely Nokia should ensure that all new products are at least backward compatible with such systems - else we should buy elsewhere??

Nokia 6810 and BMW bluetooth

Hi malcom120,

I've solved the problem just bringing my Nokia 6230 to an official service point for the firmware upgrade.
    The latest firmware update ( for the Nokia 6230) is Ver 05.24...25-11-04. You can check the software version easily by pressing *#0000# on yr mobile.

I cannot confirm You that the phone list on the BMW monitor will be updated and all the other functions will be available, but my Nokia 6230 is now working lovely with the BMW bluetooth.

You can try with this way also if Yr mobile phone is a Nokia 6810

Bye and good Luck.

mttcnt

bluetooth and bmw

Havebeen to local service point, not aware of problesm (apparently) or any solutions. Having read the other posts about this issue, I think it is applaing that Nokia don't seem to be bothered - BBC Watchdog material???

Nokia / BMW Bluetooth connectivity

The Bluetooth carkit in the BMW is a BMW carkit and not a Nokia carkit. Therefore I feel it incorrect to blame Nokia for compatibility issues. Thats like blaming Microsoft for not making every possible program campatible with all versions of Windows.