Discussion Board

RE: faulty phone number format after synchronizing my Nokia 6210 with OutlookXP

I have the same problem, but I am using a Nokia 3360. The format that you are talking about is called "canonical" and it is not supported by some phones (like mine). I haven't figured out yet how to change this format in Outlook (and I don't think is possible). What you need to do is to export your list of contacts to an external file, remove or modify the country code in that file and then synchronize against it. I know that it will represent an extra effort, but I am not aware of any other solutions. If you found one, would you please let me know? Thanks.

faulty phone number format after synchronizing my Nokia 6210 with OutlookXP

I have a problem with a faulty phone number format after synchronizing my Nokia 6210 with OutlookXP. Do you have a solution?

I keep my contacts in OutlookXP as well in my Nokia 6210.

OutlookXP saves phone numbers in the format:
    "+31 (0652) 00548"
    (without the quotation marks), where +31 stands for country code, (0652) stands for area code and 000548 stands for subscriber phone number.

After synchronizing with my Nokia 6210, the phone numbers appear in my phone's contact list in the format +310652000548. It turns out that I cannot successfully dial a number in this format, because the zero (0) from the area code is obsolete and should be left out. How can I force OutlookXP or my Nokia 6210 to automatically use the right format?

Please consider: OutlookXP produces this phone number format without my interference.

RE: faulty phone number format after synchronizing my Nokia 6210 with OutlookXP

Did you type the '+31' yourself, or did outlook XP do it? Because when I tried it, I typed '+31201234567', and outlook made it like: '+31 201234567'. And that's a phonenumber I can dial. I'm using outlook XP myself, and a nokia 6210.

Question Re: faulty phone number format after synchronizing my Nokia 6210 with OutlookXP

I have the same problem, but I am using a Nokia E61.
    I have called Nokia in Brazil and they said I have to adjust MS-Outlook in order to make a phone call.
    The problem is that I have no idea how to remove the area code from the phone number. Each time a erase the area code before the phone number, MS Outlook writes it again.
    Is there a solution for my problem?