Discussion Board

Will 7650 be upgradeable to local SyncML synchronization?

I have found out that the series 60 platform initially only supports SyncML "over the air", through a server. As i Mac user, I was thrilled by the demonstration of Apples new iSync, based on SyncML and Bluetooth. So far only phones from Sony-Ericsson are supported, but although Nokia of course cannot promise anything on behalf of Apple, I'm quite sure that as soon as Nokia supports SyncML over Bluetooth, Apple's iSync will support the relevant Nokia phones. So I hope someone at Nokia please can tell me whether I can expect a SyncML synchronization engine that supports local synchronization to be available for the 7650 in the future?

RE: Will 7650 be upgradeable to local SyncML synchronization?

Holmsen, unfortunately you are more than a few hurdles ahead of me and so I'm hoping you won't mind helping a fellow mac user, I would like to connect my 7650 to a bronze keyboard Powerbook G3 using 0S9.2 connecting via Bluetooth & or Infrared do you have any tips or hints, do you know if Nokia are going to create PC Suite for Mac. Would really apprieciate a reply
    Thanks in advance Olski

+1
    I totally agree with Holmsen, this is a huge oversight on Nokia's behalf. This should have been implemented from the offset.
    All the required hardware is already there...
    If Nokia are unwilling to build it for us, perhaps they could release a version of the J2ME dev suite for the Mac platform (it's already written in java - they only need to rebuild the installer!) so that we Mac users can help ourselves.
    Nokia are missing a large market (mac users) and Sony/Ericsson are capitalising on their shortcomings.
    NOKIA don't forget us!

If anyone from Nokia is reading this thread, please can we have some indication of whether there are plans for support of SyncML over Bluetooth.

Thanks

I am also a Mac user, just received my 7650, and I find it hugely dissapointing that it has no in-box syncML support.

My question is if it is possible to write a syncML app for it considering the software and hardware versions. Will we need to wait for an OS update from nokia or is there a way round this?

I'd be interesting in contacting with anyone interested in developing Mac based Nokia applications. There's alot to be done considering the relative inexistence of such apps right now...