Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

J2ME Games Developer

My client is a leading publisher of mobile phone games based in London. The mobile game division was founded in Europe in 2002 and is rapidly expanding. they are currently increasing the staffing of the London office, as it is quickly become a leading player in the European mobile games market.

We are looking for a J2ME games programmer /development engineer to join our mobile phone games team. You will be working on the rapidly evolving catalogue of Namco games with great scope to input your own creative and innovative ideas.
    1 to 2 years previous experience is desirable, but we would also consider a new graduate

The successful candidate will have all of the following skills and experiences
    Ideally you must have
    Experience of handheld devices.
    Previous experience of Java game programming (J2ME).
    Previous experience of tools programming
    Ability to write compact efficient code on limited platforms.
    Ability to quickly understand and alter existing code bases.
    Practical knowledge & experience of J2ME, C++/C, JAVA, WMLScript
    Must have at least two years programming experience.

This role is paying between £22K and £30K.

Please send CV if relevant. phil.parkinson@pslc.co.uk OR 0044 1273 749495

Re: J2ME Games Developer

J2ME Special Forces/Team Leader - London

Java 2 Micro Edition developer / J2ME engineer /Games / Media / Music Projects / Globally Recognised Software House /Award Winning Brand / London / Fantastic Benefits.

My client is an award winning mobile software house that is heavily involved with cutting edge music / media projects for mobile phones. It is a global brand with a fantastic reputation as the number 1 company in this field worldwide. Due to sustained and exponential success of its products there is a need to bolster their development team in many new areas. One such area is within the Java team where a need has arisen for a top level J2ME developer to come onboard and be in charge of "special projects". The ideal candidate will come from a games / mobile games development background or will have extensive J2ME development experience, understanding the challenges / opportunities that exist coding for various types of handset. As the J2ME SWAT team leader, you will be involved with cutting edge work, breaking new ground with what is already an impressive intellectual property. My client can match and beat any salary package you have within reason, as well as remuneration they can offer a relaxed, fun, social working environment in a truly stunning London location. If this role sounds like it is of interest to you, please get in touch and I can share more details.

Kind Regards Matt Hawkes

Principle Consultant: Mobile software
    Matthew.hawkes@mdlogical.com

Type: Contract/Permanent Location: London Country: England Salary/Rate: £60k +