Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

metrotrk where to get it from ?

Hi,
    i am totally frustrated here, maybe someone can help me out.

I just installed the codewarrior 3.0 pro version and would like to debug together with my P900 device.
    Here the problem starts.
    I believe i neeed a MetroTrk for my device. where do i get it ? I know the source is provided with the codewarrior insallation , but it's not clearto me how to build it for the p900. also no package file is provided.
    I searched through the metrowerks website and here on forum nokia; no avail.

shouldn't there be a wimple metrotrk.sis for my platform ???

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please !

Blizzz

Nokia Developer Expert
    There's a bit of filtering to get there, but go here:

http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/download/default.asp

1) Under Updates and Patches, choose CodeWarrior for Symbian OS then Select >>>. See MetroTRK 1.10 download

2) Under White Papers, see Sony Ericsson P800 On-Device Debugging Using CodeWarrior (same steps apply for P900)

Cheers,
    Tim

Regular Contributor
    Hi Tim,

thank you for the reply.

the metrotrk1.10 download only contains the source code , without any sis file. i still don't know how to build it ( the readme.txt is a little bit cryptic to me) .

the white paper will be very helpful.

would you mind sending me the .sis file? ( i am not sure if that would break any license agreement)

wherer is the easy-button when you need it...

:-)

Blizzz

Regular Contributor
    ha!

the 2.51 OEM update from the codewarrior contains the metrotrk.sis file!

you would think that should have been on my 3.0 Professional version as well !?

so i think/hope that i am in business!

thanks

Blizzz

Nokia Developer Expert
    Good research, I was just about to suggest that. It seems that the .sis file isn't available from MW website now. But you found the workaround ; ) Good luck!

Regular Contributor
    Hey,

Did you get this to work??? I managed to find the 2.5.1 update, and the MetroTRK .sis file it contains is for P800. I have the Panasonic X700 and when I tried installing it on it, I got an error message saying it can't install due to a missing DLL called TrkKernelStub. Any ideas?

this is really important since I can't work with GDB as well. For some reason GDB doesn't find my source files for source listing. I tried to figure out why, but so far nothing.

Any help would be appreciated
    Yaron

Nokia Developer Expert
    Yaron,

Unfortunately at the moment the Sony Ericsson P8xx/P9xx is the only shipping device family supported via MetroTRK. We are working with various phone manufacturers to add more devices, but this will take some time.

Regards,

Matt Pinsonneault
    Nokia Developer Support