Discussion Board

Question URGENT: Possibility of playing a wave file to a telephony line

Greetings,

Is it possible to answer an incoming call and play a wave file to the caller on a 6600?

I have read tons of posts regarding this topic, but I've never come to a solid conclusion.

If you have tried it on a 6600 and it worked, or for sure know it does not work, your advice and of course any sample code are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Ahmed Motaz

Nokia Developer Moderator
    it works just ok, as long as you compile with 2.X SDK and remember to set the priority to 80.

yucca

Originally posted by symbianyucca
    it works just ok, as long as you compile with 2.X SDK and remember to set the priority to 80.
    Thanks yucca.

But actually, I have spent the last week experimenting with different approaches. They all did not work.

I am using SDK 2.1 and Symbian OS 8.0a. I tried the CMdaAudioRecorder utility. You're right. The problem was that a call seemed to have higher priority and thus kind of muted the wave file I'm trying to play.

After setting the right priority (80 and sometimes 100 for some reason), it was only possible to get playing *local* only functioning. But whenever I try to SetAudioDevice to TelephonyMixed or NonMixed, it does not work.

I have even tried to play the wave using the DocumentHandler, which works fine without a call. But when I try to answer a call and play the wave file, RealOne seems to stop (although it shows the correct wave file duration); it does not play the file.

I (even further) tried to use Helix instead of RealOne. Since I couldn't choose which app to play the file, I had to use an MP3 file instead of .wav or a .AMR. For some reason, Helix does not seem to play MP3 files on telephony lines, even if I start it manually. When I play the MP3 using Helix, it sort of mutes he mic and the other party does not hear anything, not even noise.

I have spent more than 4 days trying to solve this issue, so if you manged to have a working code or advice, I'd *really* appreciate it.

Regards,
    Ahmed Motaz