Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

py2sis not installed?

As suggested in a previous post I installed the S60 SDK and the Python SDK in the right order, but I still cannot find the py2sis file. The only folders in the Python4Series60 folder are 'docs' and 'uninstall'. I know there is a py2sis file in the installer, but when I extract that and try to run it I get:

===
    ERROR 'uidcrc' utility not found. Please make sure you have the Symbian SDK correctly installed and configured
    ===

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Berco

had to manually extract py2sis

I had the same problem. The installer didn't install it (I'm using win2k if that makes any difference) and I ended up using WinRAR to manually extract the files from the installer image.

Speaking of py2sis, is it possible to make a .sis file which installs the python .DLLs as well?

can't run py2sis?

Actually I was able to run it. Is your path set correctly? Here's what I have:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v1.1\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\Bin\.;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\Bin\WinNT;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\Bin\Win64;C:\Perl\bin\;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Resource Kit;C:\Program Files\Theme Studio\bin;C:\Program Files\Theme Studio\jre\bin;C:\Python24;C:\Python24\Scripts

Regular Contributor
    My path is set correctly.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the SDK and the Python package, but there is still no 'py2sis' folder. This gets rather frustrating. This ought to be pretty simple....

I tried to download the 2nd version of the SDK, but that zip contains corrupt files. Great....

Berco

Same problem here. I'm using WinXP and py2sis doesn't get installed. I've tried both 2.1 version and 2ndEd version of Series 60 python SDK.

Regular Contributor
    What I did in the end is extract the py2sis files from the installation files (using winzip or some other compression tool), add the extracted files to the path, and installed Perl (!)

That finally worked.... But Nokia should recheck the installation file, it doesn't seem to work on Win XP.

Re: py2sis not installed?

I had the same error after getting XP and a new installation of the symbian SDK + symbian python. I've added to path the C:\xx\epoc32\tools directory and changed the EPOCROOT so it does not have a drive letter (if you type uidcrc, it complains about it)
    so now EPOCROOT=\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\