Discussion Board

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5

    Can’t launch application on 6630

    Hi all.

    I’m stuck with a problem. I can’t launch my application on the 6630 device.

    I have created an application that runs perfectly on the emulator (s60_2nd_FP2_CW) and the 7610 device. But when I’m trying to launch my application on the 6630 (sw v. 2.39.15) device nothing happens.

    My first thought was that some dll was missing but this seems not to be the case.

    Is there anyone else out there that have had the same problem (and come up with a solution)?

    /J

  2. #2
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    328
    Hi

    One possibility is that you are using an API which has been deprecated or perhaps (gasp!) you could be using an unsupported API somewhere?

    If you suspect an API, check in the docs for S60 FP2 to see if the APIs are still supported.

  3. #3
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    915
    Are you sure that it is not the case with missing libraries? For example amrdll.dll is missing and it caused similar troubles for one of my applications...

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5
    I was sure that a missing dll was the reason but I’m not anymore. Locking in the file system on the phone, it locks like they are all there.

    Below are the libs I’m using in my app. I placed my own dlls under \system\libs\

    //--------------------
    The Client

    LIBRARY MyLib1.lib
    LIBRARY MyLib2.lib
    LIBRARY euser.lib
    LIBRARY apparc.lib
    LIBRARY cone.lib
    LIBRARY eikcore.lib
    LIBRARY eikcoctl.lib
    LIBRARY avkon.lib
    LIBRARY eikctl.lib
    LIBRARY MGFetch.lib
    LIBRARY bafl.lib
    LIBRARY efsrv.lib
    LIBRARY fbscli.lib
    LIBRARY ws32.lib
    LIBRARY egul.lib
    LIBRARY etext.lib

    //--------------------
    MyDll1

    LIBRARY MyLib2.lib
    LIBRARY euser.lib
    LIBRARY bafl.lib
    LIBRARY esock.lib
    LIBRARY avkon.lib
    LIBRARY efsrv.lib
    LIBRARY ImageConversion.lib
    LIBRARY fbscli.lib
    LIBRARY bitgdi.lib
    LIBRARY InetProtUtil.lib
    LIBRARY http.lib
    LIBRARY ecom.lib

    //--------------------
    MyDll2

    LIBRARY euser.lib
    LIBRARY apparc.lib
    LIBRARY cone.lib
    LIBRARY eikcore.lib
    LIBRARY avkon.lib
    LIBRARY eikcoctl.lib
    LIBRARY insock.lib
    LIBRARY esock.lib
    LIBRARY eikctl.lib
    LIBRARY aknnotify.lib
    LIBRARY commdb.lib
    LIBRARY charconv.lib
    LIBRARY InetProtUtil.lib

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    328
    Perhaps some better diagnostics could be obtained using the following:

    http://www.newlc.com/article.php3?id_article=150

    If there's a panic, at least you will be notified what it is, then hopefully you'll be able to use that to track down the fault.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5
    Thanks, but for some reason Nokia removed this feature in the 6630 phone. It is now impossible to get Panic information from the phone, at least with ErrRd and the software version of my phone.

  7. #7
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51
    Try logging stuff to a file.
    Ther is a logger class which let's you easily create the log file and write text. I think it's RLogger.

    Log stuff everywhere you can. In the APP DLL entry point, NewApplication and so on.... It might give you some idea on which code is called and which is not.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    15

    Lib must be missing

    Hi,

    Well, i had faced a similar problem while working on Alarm Service on Series 60_2.0.
    The app that i had written used to work well on the emulator but could not even launch on the target( Nokia 6600 )

    Finally i figured out that the lib AlarmShared.lib was missing on that particular phone program(software).
    The same app worked on a different phone with a later version of software.

    So make sure that there are no libs missing on the target.

    all the best !
    Sher

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5
    Thanks Sher!

    I found the problem! It turned out that there already was an application with the exact same name as mine in the phone.

    I renamed my app. Problem solved!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×