Discussion Board

How do you get tsupport for Codewarrior Professional?

Can anyone tell me how to get support for a newly purchased copy of CodeWarrior Professional? I obtained the license file but now the support site asks for me to pay for support.

Of course I can't ask Nokia for help on this problem unless I pay them to first so that I can get the support that is supposed to come for free with my purchase!

Reminds me of a dilbert cartoon about IT support and email being broken.

Nokia Developer Expert
    When you went to the forum nokia site to start your support, did you give the same first and last name and email address when registering as you did when you bought the product? How long ago did you purchase the product?

I believe so but have no way of telling. I've sent emails to various support addresses and have received zero feedback so it’s impossible to tell. I purchased this over a month ago.

So if anyone is considering CodeWarrier I'd hold off as long as possible as it seems to me that Nokia hasn't got this product really in the system.

Hopefully sometime this year an update appears that really allows on device debugging and maybe I'll break down and fork out another $300 so that the automated web site allows me to ask for my service!

Meanwhile I'm going to stick to Visual studio. I've found enough support from developers to get this running nicely.

Nokia Developer Expert
    I have forwarded your information to one of the Forum Nokia database engineers to see what is wrong with your account.

In the meantime please post any questions to this forum and we will be happy to help any way we can.

Regards,

Matt Pinsonneault
    Nokia Developer Support

I've a similar problem.
    I completed both software and technical support registration with my keys correctly: when i go to the support from the main Forum Nokia menu (Services -> Professional Support), i login with my credentials and then a "Siebel eService" site appears with Nokia logos. At this point, all i can do is looking at the main page, because, for example, clicking on "Solved Cases" i receive a 404, and this error appears for EVERY link on that page, except for the FAQs.
    Am i doing something wrong?!

Nokia Developer Expert
    Have you created your Professional Services login? Try clicking the "New User" link at the support login page. Be sure to provide the exact name first name, last name, and e-mail address that you used when you registered CodeWarrior. We are working on streamlining this process but unfortunately for now we're stuck with the current system.

Regards,

Matt Pinsonneault
    Nokia Developer Support