Discussion Board

a Question? stupid maybe..

I want to open a wav- file in my code. I want to open the file to an series60 playing environment. How to do it? I mean the environment that opens audio file in a cell phone.. What´s the name of it?

Nokia Developer Moderator
    check the sounds example that comes with series 60 SDK's it should help you to get started.

yucca

Thanks yucca. I checked the sound example, but it does not open the environment I mean. I have a listbox that have items. By clicking a list item I´m trying to open a wav file in an environment which allready have controllers for playing, chancing volume and so on. Still needing help!

could you elaborate a bit more of what excatly is the problem, and your goals ?

basically in sound example you are supplying a static name for opening & playing, which you could chnage to be given dynamically, dor example from your listbox, so what else do you need ?

yucca

in my listbox, the items are searched dynamically from the phone memory. Those are wav-files. Until this the application works fine. Now I want open wav-files from the list in an environment which has playing controls.
    I´m not sure, but I´m quessing that the environment I mean is Voicerecorder. How do I do that?

you could launch them with the system application, for example like this(use the file full name in aFileName):

TThreadId aId;
    RApaLsSession ls;
    User::LeaveIfError(ls.Connect());
    CleanupClosePushL(ls);

RetValue = ls.StartDocument(aFileName,aId);

CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(1); // ls

And, if you want to control the playing by your self, then you could take the player part from the sounds example and modify it to suit your application better.

yucca

Thanks, yucca. That´s what I was looking for, thanks.