Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question loading part of MBM...?.

Hi,
    I want to load a part of MBM of a larege mbm file...is it possible ...
    can i create a offscreen surface and copy the necessary contents to the offscreen surface and blit the offscreen surface... if so how ...to do the copy... any idea .. pls help...
    JUlie

Nokia Developer Moderator
    if you specify the mbm file to be made withour compression. Then the file is made to be just a pixel-buffer. So then you could skip the header in the file and locate the pixels from the buffer that you need to construct your image from. to read the pixels you could use Rfile for example.

yucca

Regular Contributor
    Hi yucca ,
    thankss for ur reply,
    What will be the size of a MBm files header is it conastant for all mbm files...?..
    suppose i got the size of the header .. i skipped the header part from the file and started reading from the file into an TBuf8...
    then how will i transfer the data present in the Tbuf8 to the offscreen surface ...
    could u please help me...
    regards JUlie

Nokia Developer Moderator
    can't remember the size of the header, nor that would it be conctant. anyway, after you read the buffer from the file, you could use set it as a scanline to your bitmap object, just remember to be very carefull with displaymodes.

yucca