Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Canvas graphical elements

Hi all!
    I have been working on this graphical object library for a while. It is done to make it faster and easier to make midlets which use canvas and still have some textinput etc. objects available. I haven't released the package yet, but if anyone is interested please check out the example and give me suggestions if you have some. I will let you know as soon as I have done enough testing and implementing to release it.

Check out at http://www.hut.fi/~tlindber/rdgraphics/

Looks like good idea! What are the overheads on your extra class?

Regular Contributor
    The overheads?

How much heap memory does your code use and what is the additional jar size? These are very important when you want to use your code. I like what your trying to achieve, it would be very useful.

Regular Contributor
    Originally posted by sgreid101
    How much heap memory does your code use and what is the additional jar size? These are very important when you want to use your code. I like what your trying to achieve, it would be very useful.
    Oh yes, the jar file at this point adds some 10k to the software package. But there are classes that could be left out easily. The heap usage I don't know yet.
    From my own experience some jars have actually reduced in size after changing to use the package. And of course it is nicer to have the actual canvas source code in some few hundred lines compared to the earlier couple of thousands, easier to maintain at least