Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Expert

Unhappy Change color of listbox item

hi,
    I am currently working on symbian OS and the sdk i preferred is sdk2.0 .Now am stuck in a situation.In my application when i click an item it should download a file.Now the problem is that i need an image in the listbox which will indicate that the file is currently downloading.After completion the image may change to another image which shows the viewer that the download is complete .Also is it possible to add another image in the same item to check/uncheck it for downloading process.
    Also is it possible to change the color of the listbox item.
    Thanking You,
    Anoop.

Super Contributor
    A very nice example about listboxes (with icons) is here:

http://www.newlc.com/article.php3?id_article=136 (it has 7 "lessons" and you should get pretty good overview how listboxes works)

If you want something more complex you will probably need to create your own item drawer. Check this method CTextListItemDrawer::DrawActualItem().
    It is not completely trivial stuff, as you need to inherit your own list item drawer from the one stated above and then persuade your listbox to use this new item drawer....

Nokia Developer Expert

Progress Bar

Hi,
    Now we r planning to incorporate progress bar instead of image to show downloading.Is there any documentation regarding this process.Please explain with the code if possible.Like which class should i use to get progress bar displayed during downloading .
    Thanking You,
    Anoop