Discussion Board

Super Contributor

help indeeded in application development

I am a register developer of Nokia Forum. I am actually a student of BSc and developing a project for MMS. It includes an originating application and a terminating application for PC's. I mean that I want to send and receive MMS from PC to Mobile Terminal. I have already gone through all the PDF, standards, Protocols, and Java MMS Library. I am currently using the Nokia's Developer's Suite integrated with Symbian Series 60 SDK and Adobe Golive. What I wanted to ask is that I want to develop a front end to generate the MMS to be send to mobile terminals with generating the MMS code with Java MMS Library online. How can I use these tools like GoLive and NDS for generating such application which can generate MMS. Please guide me about this. Currently I am using Adobe for generating SMIL and sending them as MMS and testing it through Emulator. So how can I do this all through my application and I can test that MMS with Nokia EAIF Emulator or Symbian Phone Emulator available with Symbian SDK 60 series.

I would be eagerly waiting for your response by any source.

Arshad
    arshad_@hotmail.com
    ajju@mol.net.pk

Super Contributor

RE: help indeeded in application development

Hi,

With MMS Java Library you can generate MMS messages on the fly. Adobe GoLive is meant for SMIL creation. SMIL then of course can be a part of the MMS message you generate with the MMS Java Library. You can also test your messages generated with the Java Library in the EPOC emulator.

Best regards,
    Forum Nokia/V

Regular Contributor

RE: help indeeded in application development

You want to view a reply message from the emulator - it's not designed for that to my knowledge, and if you succeed, great - tell us how.

You also want to send the MMS from MMS Library to real device. You'll need access to a real-live MMSC.

Forum Nokia Developer Services offer a MMSC environment for developers in EMEA area currently. In near future, there will be as well MMSC's in Americas and SEAP for developing and testing purposes.

You can just send an email to ndh.fi@nokia.com for requesting MMSC usage, there will be a web based request tool available soon in http://www.forum.nokia.com website. Service will cost you 400 EUR for two months period.

-paul / forumNokia