Discussion Board

Nokia 3200 Software for PC HELP!

Hey everyone, i'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum, but it seemed the only logical part to ask for help!

My question is, the software I downloaded from nokia's site that connects your nokia phone to the pc via infrared, bluetooth, serial and or cable, well i'm having a slight problem...

Now i'm able to use the software perfectly to upload images, ringtones etc but when ever I connect the 3200 to my computer via infrared it keeps asking for a driver for a 'Fasion Phone', and i think it's this i need the most as im using a laptop with infrared support and I need to connect to the net via my nokia 3200 but without this Fasion Phone driver installed it wont support an Infrared Modem...

I'm currently using windows ME on this laptop atm, and i've drived telling the driver to be looked at via hdd's inf dir, windows me cd, 2000 and xp's cd's but no luck and i've also tried googling gor help but came back nothen :-(

Can any one help me? Thanks!

PS: Can people only reply via e-mail @ admin@clicknews.org please, if not just reply here and i'll have to check when i'm online next (also i have broad band btw :P but the net connecting thing via infrared (mobile) is just for so when im mobile...)

Super Contributor
    The Nokia PC Suite software only supports Windows 2000 or Windows XP, not anything else (not Windows 95, not Windows 98, not Windows ME, not Windows NT, not Linux, not MacOS).

PC Suite

Well it does actually support windows 95, 98, ME etc coz it actually states it does in the nokia's web-site, like I can still upload ring tones, images etc to my mobile just can't use my mobile as a modem coz i just need a driver for it when it askes when the infrared comes into link of the laptop...

So it's not a case of support becouse PC Suite DEFANTLY supports any 9x windows as it states it plus I have it running on my WinME O/S, just needs the driver for the infrared modem...

Thanks

Super Contributor
    The old v5 PC Suite might, but not the newer v6 (or v6.41) that's on http://www.nokia.com/pcsuite doesn't.

Try looking for a modem driver on http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/3200

Thanks

Thanks heaps, i'm just downloading the drivers and i'll keep u posted of if they worked or not...

Again, thanks :-D