Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RE: 6310 to Laptop Via Bluetooth

There is a very easy solution to this problem. All you have to do is turn off the authorisation request in the phone. Once you have paired the phone and the pc, go to the paired devices on the phone. Select the pc and go through the settings to Authorisation Request. Turn it off. It should work fine after that.
    If it still doesn't work, you may need to uninstall the Nokia modems. Just use the standard modem drivers that come with your PC bluetooth device.

6310 to Laptop Via Bluetooth

I posted this question of the original bulletin board:

Guys

I've upgraded my Handset to the 6310 specifically for the integrated Bluetooth functionality. I'm tyring to get my phone to synch with my laptop via Bluetooth (Toshiba Bluetooth PC Card). I can sync perfectly via IR.

I've downloaded the latest BTS (Digianswer V1.09) for the PC Card, but when downloading they say that you will need to download additional software from Nokia to get the connection working. With this version of BTS I can set-up a DUN link between my phone and the PC!

However, when I come to detect the phone through the Nokia Detection Manager, I not only can't see the phone, but it completely stuffs up the DUN connection, requiring to reboot the PC before I can re-establish the DUN connection again, or use any other Bluetooth device, i.e. my Bluetooth enabled Palm Pilot.

I've downloaded the latest PC Suite 4.5a, but this still exhibits the same connection issues.

Nokia Forum Support advised and I quote ?According to my knowledge, Toshiba PC Card should work with PC Suite 4.5a and Nokia 6310. In installation phase just "Do not detect the phone". Then it should work.?

I completely removed and reinstalled PC Suite 4.5a. There is absolutely no difference! During the re-installation I noticed that the software stated "you must have installed the DTL-4" to use the PC Suite. If this is the case then Nokia should be ashamed of themselves for being duplicitous in advertising they use the Bluetooth standard, when they obviously cannot provide the support to utilise standard hardware!

Does anyone else have any suggestions, or are we going to have to wait for a software update from Nokia (either to the phone or PC Suite)?

Hi!
    What Sw Version do you have in your phone? press *#0000# to find out.
    might be an update already for the phone.
    I belive mine has v. 4.20

The Bluetooth standard in 6310 is v 1.1 meaning the problem might be your Toshiba card running on v 1.09

Hiya
    I've been desperately attempting the same sort of banging my head up against a brick wall. It hasn't worked. I've managed to get the TDK bluetooth card working for dialup gprs isp access but not for use with pc suite, even the most recent model. my 6310 has the most recent sw.

what i am wondering is if someone had a copy of the bluetooth software and drivers for the nokia card if you can "trick" the computer into thinking a nokia bluetooth connection is available.

Has anyone tried this? I think it's a horrible shame we can't do this -- gotta love standardisation (whatever that is).

Does anyone have any theories on why we can't download the bluetooth suite from the website (or can we and I'm just blind???)

fLaKie

I absolutely agree with you, Nokia should be ashamed of themselves. I have been trying to resolve this same problem. Nokia should have released the DTL-4 card concurrently with the 6310.
    I cannot find the Nokia Bluetooth connectivity software anywhere on their website.
    I am responsible for the administration of approx. forty handsets of which five of them are 6310's. Too date I have already bought two 3com bluetooth cards and cannot synchronize any of the phones with the PC Suite software. How can you have a standard without compatibility?

I have nothin to add, just thought I would add my name to the list so nokia will see how many people are angry. I've failed when trying to set up a serial port connection from a clean install and the only answer I've seen from nokia is along th lines of "the 6310 is compatible with the DTL-4 card" and no more. I've tried to contact nokia support but they do not reply.

Just to let Nokia know I'm having the same troubles too:

* WAP over GPRS works
    * WAP works
    * Bluetooth connection to modem and fax works
    * DUN works
    * PC Suite 4.5a DOES NOT WORK
    * GPRS over bluetooth DOES NOT WORK
    * only phonebook can be managed through AT commands over Bluetooth

Configuration: Sony VAIO PCG-C1MGP & Nokia 6310i

And I'm really mad at Nokia and the phone store for creating and selling a Bluetooth device that cannot be properly used. The DLT-4 card cannot be bought in any store I've been to in The Netherlands.

Does anyone have an idea what to do.

Hi,
    Agree with every one, I'm using a Sony PCG-C1MGP and a Nokia 8910.
    I can't make a bluetooth connection beetween both of them but the Sony recognize the Nokia but when the Sony try to connect I get an error message....
    Is Nokia going to help the user of Bluetooth Notebook????
    If not, the Sony T68I look not bad.....

I have the same problem with a Sony PCG-C1MGP. The Sony sees the NOKIA 6310 but the Nokia does not see the Sony.
    The major problem is that there is no, absolutaly none, answer from Nokia. They even do not react on email questions about this subject.
    I hope Nokia will find a solution in the short time to help there customers.

hhhhhmmmmmmmmm..... I'd like to say I can help, but the fact of the matter is that Nokia has quite simply dropped the ball.
    Personally I see no value in listing the individual set-up of my PC, its spec?s and the settings of the Bluetooth device I am using; because quite frankly the connection between bluetooth device and PC works. There is no issue with the fact it works, and every other bluetooth enabled device I have been able to beg, steal & borrow can make use of the bluetooth connection that can be successfully established between the PC and a bluetooth device. The only exception to this is my Nokia 6310 phone which I purchased mindful of the fact that the Nokia website and all the Nokia information posted on the website and all the information I referenced regarding the Nokia 6310 suggests that as a global company it followed global standards and thus provided a service to it?s customers that was as the advertised material suggested. Bluetooth enabled.

Unfortunately this appears to be false advertising and Nokia is not doing this at all.

Below you will find a copy of the events that ensued after calling Nokia and advising that there is a problem with the Nokia 6310.
    I referenced the Nokia website. Then, narrowed my search to the support pages for Sydney, Australia.

I called Nokia on (02) 9429 9000

I spoke to a fellow by the name of Eddy. Later on in the piece he (eddy) advised the call ID was NAPC178216. Anyway, as we went through the conversation Eddy advised that the Nokia suite was only compatible with the PC COM port 6 or 7. When I asked why this couldn?t be changed I was told ?It?s the way the software has been written? hhmmm, nice and user friendly then? I told eddy that to have my machine utilise com port 6 or 7 for the bluetooth connection would mean I would have to rebuild/reconfigure my whole machine to make the necessary COM port (as per his suggestion) available as it was currently in use. Eddy advised me that this was necessary due to the limitation of the software, although seeking this omission (EG the limitation to the Nokia PC suite of software) was hard work.

After completely rebuilding my machine and making the bluetooth device on my PC establish a connection via COM port 6. I had the same problem. Bluetooth connectivity via the Nokia 6310 using PC suite v4.81 produced the error message ?Operation failed (error code 8004320A)?*

I then called in a colleague to confirm the above, and test the connection with his Ericson. It worked just fine. Hence I called Nokia back quoting the call reference number above. Strange as it may seem, I got to deal with eddy again. Not getting anywhere, I let me colleague try. After speaking to both Eddy and his boss (the name escapes me) the boss referred us (my colleague and myself) to two websites. Needless to say these were both useless and have been reference simply to allow the story to unfold.
    1. http://www.socketcom.com
    2. http://www.digianswer.com

Having now worked my way through the website it is some regret that I have to advise that the DLT-4 I was referred during the discussion with eddy?s boss is a discontinued product. Question. When is Nokia going to address this problem? Why are the people on the forum going unanswered? Maybe you can help?.

For your information.
    Website 1, useless, unless you call paying $60 US (as suggested by the website) acceptable
    http://www.socketcom.com/support/transfer_nokia.asp
    Website 2, unless I?ve missed something then how does this help? I don?t want to be a PC device that enables my PC to become bluetooth enabled I already have that ability/service. I don?t call the following information relevant**
    http://www.btsws.com/

Please note there is no reference to the Nokia 6310 which is the model in question. The information on the 6210 is referenced, however it also proves useless.

This posting is available from the Nokia forum*** along with a list of other Nokia customers that are less than impressed with the service that Nokia as a global telecommunication company is offering to it?s customers. Softcopies (inclusive of the Bitmap error messages) are available from mat_bowden@yahoo.com upon request.

* Please reference the screen prints. Available from mat_bowden@yahoo.com on request
    ** as of 23/9/02 @ 22:00 AEST
    *** posted at 24/9/02 @ 18:50 AEST

I Have almost the same problem with a Tohiba Sattelite 5000-204 and a 6310. The notebook recognizes 6310 but when i try to pair them the connection goes down. ive tried to download all the possible upgrades but i couldnt solve this problem. i had also problems with a ericsson t68 and a anycom bluetooth pccard that i solved changing the pccard for a usb bt adapter.

THIS IS HOW TO MAKE IT WORK.
    Down load and install the PC Suite 4.81 for the 6310i and then it will work, with the Toshiba PC Card.
    You must first install the Bluetooth suite and upgrade it to 1.09.
    The connection manager in 4.81 works differently, it actually makes it's own connection. So if you have a DUN connection in place, it will disconnect it, and then connect itself.
    When you are finished working with the PC suite, and say wish to make a DUN connection to use the modem, you must disconnect the connection manager, and then remake the DUN connection with the Bluetooth suite.

I have had this working well for a couple of months on a Toshiba Laptop running XP Professional, and the phone is 6310.
    If you wish to run through the config settings etc, you are welcome e-mail me vince@mainarc.co.nz.

This solution should help those of you with PC cards, and definitely those with Toshiba PC cards. Sorry no answer for USB or built in modules, like I have in my personal notebook.

Hope this helps

Vince

Hi All

I have been troubleshooting the Nokia 6310i, bluetooth compatibility issue a little further over the weekend and have discovered the following.

1. The bluetooth connection to the phone via usb bluetooth adaptor and the bluetooth software actually work. It is the Nokia PCSuite Software that cannot handle this type of bluetooth connection. The software wants a "hardwired" bluetooth adaptor, that is a bluetooth adaptor that is connected via pci/pcmcia NOT "USB". The usb bluetooth connection sets up virtual serial com ports which are used to communicate with the mobile. Nokia has either deliberately broken this type of connection or the developers have not allowed for it and written crappy code.

For example I chose "virtual" com port 3 for the connection which means I can start hyper terminal and start a new session using com port 3. To determine if the phone is connected I then issue the following command ati3

In fact I issued ati1,ati2,ati3,ati4,ati5,ati6,ati7,ati8,ati9 adn recieved varying degrees of information from my phone but ati3 gives me my information about my mobile and its firmware (I believe anyway as I am no mobile phone expert)

I am now trying out software to manage my phone from TDK. I am also waiting for another vendor to release their software that can be used to manage Nokia and other phones via a PC.

Hope this helps

Paul

Regular Contributor

Without any doubt, NOKIA (at least in Germany )has a VERY GOOD !!!!! customer service ......whenever I ask them something on the Phone, they tells me to go to the Forum.Nokia webpage ..!!!......and a lot of my questions are not answered there by the Nokia Experts, which is supposed to happen.....

Hi all
    It seams that we all have the same problem.
    PC Suite 4.81 for 6310i is NOT compatible with USB accessories.

I have worked fine with my "old 6210" and my Sony with an external USB IrDa adapter.
    But as soon I got the 6310i and the PC Suite 4.81 this combination didn't work any more.

I tried an MSI USB Bluetooth adapter and I can communicate with the phone, but NOT with PC Suite.

After a long call to the support service, it is "officialy clear" (where ? only when you hace the problem, it's become official) that Nokia DO NOT SUPPORT USB adapters.

Nokia mobile ??????

Yes, but only with Nokia accessories !!!!
    And only with PCMCIA card provided by Nokia of course.
    So if you buy the DTL-4 connectivity pack, you will have a chance to be mobile !!!

If anyone found a solution to communicate with an USB adapter (IR or BT) and PC Suite, I will appreciate.

JC