Discussion Board

Question Some questions: VC6 setup for SDK, dialog based coding, and...

hello peopels

well, i'm also like some peopels here, first time of using the SDK. my problem is that i can't get started with visual c++ 6.0.
    i have VC6 standard with the SP6 and runing windows xp pro.

as SDK version i'm using the "Series 60 SDK 2.0 for Symbian OS, Nokia Edition" directly from symbian.com. in the describtion i seen that this version supports also VC6. okay...

then i have downloaded and installed active perl and java runtime 1.4.2. good....

next i have installed the SDK and copyed the appwizard to the VC6 template directory. i think i have all stuff maked correct.
    now i have started VC6, created a new project and tried to compile. no error's but 2 warnings. (when i set in appwiz "skin support" and "document file" i got 6 warnings).

the warnings are like:
    (sorry, it's german)
    warning LNK4099: PDB "edll.pdb" wurde nicht mit "\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\EPOC32\RELEASE\WINS\UDEB\EDLL.LIB" oder an "C:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\EPOC32\BUILD\DD\GROUP\DD\WINS\UDEB\edll.pdb" gefunden; Objekt wird gebunden,
    als ob keine Debuginformationen vorhanden waeren

warning LNK4099: PDB "edll.pdb" wurde nicht mit "\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\EPOC32\RELEASE\WINS\UDEB\EDLL.LIB" oder an "C:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\EPOC32\RELEASE\WINS\UDEB\Z\SYSTEM\APPS\DD\edll.pdb" gefunden; Objekt wird geb
    unden, als ob keine Debuginformationen vorhanden waeren

well well... ;-))
    okay now my qustions:

a) What can i do that this warnings don't pumping up?
    b) Where is now the compiled file? (.app i think)
    c) Is it possible to using a GUI designer? or how are the dialogs, popupmenus, listboxes and so designed? like with MFC, there is a form designer. how does that work with the SDK?

i hope you can understand my bad english and i hope also you can help me with my questions.

Super Contributor
    1. You should ignore warnings about edll stuff... they will be there forever..:-)

2. Where exactly is your .app stored depends on the information in .mmp file, but most probably it will be in release\wins\udeb\z\system\apps\yourapp\yourapp.app

3. GUI designer is included only in Borland C++ BuilderX, there is no such a support in MS VC++