Discussion Board

Java games on 6610i

Hi i have a Java game im trying to install on my 6610i using a data cable. Now in the nokia application installer it says theres 3545KB free on the phone and the game is 135KB however when i try to install an error appers saying "The Applications cannot be installed to the phone. The file size is to big."

Im not sure why its doing this, can anyone help me out please.

The 6610 is a Series 40 device, and can only install Jars up to 64 kB in size.

Re: Java games on 6610i

Hi all! I am also having "File Size is too big" error. I am using a Nokia6610I/1.0 (4.10) Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0. The JAR size is 65465. I can download the game via OTA with other Series 40 MIDP 1.0 handsets. Are there any issues with this specific firmware of 6610i?

Thanks! Any help will be appreciated.

Super Contributor

matlopez, the max jar filesize is 63 KB for that model. Your JAR is bigger than that. If you have developed the midlet yourself, try to make the graphics files a little smaller and also use obfuscation.

Hartti

Super Contributor

Hi,
    Obfuscation will reduce your filesize.also mimnimize the resource size also.Also check the audio type if you are using them.
    Thanks
    Soku

Super Contributor

Hartti,
    If I remember correctly I have tried installing a MIDLet with size 63.5 Kb in my 6610i. Even though the specs say 63 Kb is the JAR size limit, I doubt it might be 64 Kb. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Yep I do know that 0.5Kb is not at all big thing , but in case it might be of some interest !

Regards
    Gopal