Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

AMR Library replacement

Hello all,
    I've been using the class CAMRtoPCMDecoder to decode AMR data on the Nokia 6600, ie. Series 60 Symbian 6.1 phones. However I've discovered that future versions of Symbian, and newer Symbian phones, including newer Series 60 phones, do not support this class.

Does anyone know if there's a similar class for converting AMR to PCM, or for that matter, any class that handles AMR playback directly?

Thanks!

d.

Regular Contributor
    Hello again,
    I should also add that currently I'm using the AMR to PCM decoder class together with CMdaAudioOutputStream. I either need some solution to replace the AMR to PCM conversion, giving me converted output that I can still feed to CMdaAudioOutputStream, or some solution to handle AMR streaming some other way.

Thanks!

d.

Regular Contributor
    d,

Have a search in this forum for CMMFCodec. It will handle conversion between AMR and PCM, and you will still be able to use CMdaAudioOutputStream.

Regular Contributor
    Hey thanks! The info was quite helpful.

A quick question about CMMFDescriptorBuffer:

If I allocate two buffers, one for source data and one for decoded data, and on running CMMFCodec::ProcessL() --
    1. In the situation where destBuf is filled before all the data in sourceBuf is consumed, will a subsequent call to ProcessL() start reading sourceBuf() from where it last left off?
    2. Opposite situation, where sourceBuf is completely consumed before destBuf is filled up, will a subsequent call to ProcessL() start writing data into destBuf from where it last stopped writing data?

Thanks!

d.

Regular Contributor
    Dunno to be honest, I always have supplied it with exactly the right sized buffers.

The sort of methods on the descriptor class (position, etc.) imply that it will, but I wouldnt like to say.