Discussion Board

Loading a midlet on the 6310i

So, now I know that we need to load up the midlet via OTA/WAP -- is there any public site to do this? Do I have to install my own WAP gateway, just to load up a midlet on my device? There's got to be an easier way.... suggestions?

Regular Contributor

RE: Loading a midlet on the 6310i

Currently OTA is the only way to do it. But there will be a data cable once the device is launched and you can use the data cable to load your midlets.
    Right ways to download MIDlets to 6310i are OTA download and IR and serial connections used together with NDS for J2ME toolkit's Deployment tool. This tool sends the files to the right folders

Regards,
    Ravi

RE: Loading a midlet on the 6310i

You can use the Nokia Developer's Suite Beta 0.3 for the Java(TM) 2 Platform, Micro Edition to upload your MIDlets to the actual device via serial port or the IrDA port.

The software package is available in Forum Nokia, under 'Tools and SDKs' section.

When uploading through the IrDA, make sure to really use the Nokia's software. If you use the operating system's file transfering facilities, the software will be uploaded, but is placed just 'somewhere', eating up your memory resources, but not being able to use or remove it.