Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Unhappy Broken environment on the phone

HI I think I have hosed the j2me environment on my phone (6630). I was having trouble with a midlet that wouldn't start at all. So I went in FileExplorer and deleted the directory for the midlet under System/Apps and the one under System/Midlets.

Now I can't seem to install any midlets any more. I tried before and I got an installation error (-1 I think)

Now I changed the name of my midlet and now I get "unable to install. Invalid file".

But I can run the .jar under the mpowerplayer so it would seem it's OK.

Is there someway to reset or repair the J2ME environment on the phone?

--simon

Super Contributor
    You can reset the whole phone (contacts,messages, etc., in phone memory will be lost, though).

Make sure the battery is charged (you don't want to loose power in the middle of this). Power the phone off. Remove SIM and memory card (not stricktly needed, but to be on the safe side).

While the phone is off, press down simultaneously the green/talk key, the '3' key and the '*' key. Keep the keys pressed down. While they are down, turn the phone power on.

You can release the power key, but do not release the three keys until you see the home city prompt.

Regular Contributor

thanks

I managed to get it installed under a new name, so thank goodness I won't need to reset it.

--simon