Discussion Board

Question how to distinguish between the phone and mobile phone field in the contact database.

Hello,
    I need to read the mobile phone number from the contact database. When cheking the contact model constants, i 've remarked KUidContactFieldPhoneNumber which describes both the phone and the mobile phone field. Does anyone know how can i distinguish the mobile phone field from the phone field? Thanks in advance.
    Regards.

There may be an easier way or this even may be wrong but have you tried putting the numbers in a descriptor and then doing some pattern matching for certain prefixes, In ireland for example all mobile begin with 087, 086 or 085..

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~mobo/Symbianv6...sC16%2ecompare

have a look at that for comparing, matching etc...

It's not a country specific, i mean it's not very practical to check it for each country; i'm gonna rely on the mobile phone owner 's decision within the address book to decide whether it's mobile or normal phone. Thanks for your reply anyway.

Re: how to distinguish between the phone and mobile phone field in the contact databa

Quote Originally Posted by acelias View Post
    It's not a country specific, i mean it's not very practical to check it for each country; i'm gonna rely on the mobile phone owner 's decision within the address book to decide whether it's mobile or normal phone. Thanks for your reply anyway.
    Hi Acelias,

Have you fixed this issue? i also have the same problem. if you have any good solution, please let me know.

Thanks,
    John

Re: how to distinguish between the phone and mobile phone field in the contact databa

ok, i know how to fix this issue now.

just using the following key words:
    KUidContactFieldVCardMapTEL
    KUidContactFieldVCardMapCELL