Discussion Board

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Full Duplex 6630

Can some help me with the full duplex example on nokia pro website. I'm a university student working on a final year project using nokia 6630. I need to record voice (via microphone) and play it back (via speaker) at the same time.
    my e-mail is: tjman2k3@yahoo.co.uk
    Thanks

vincent

HI RYAN

would u plz send me a copy as well ?

thanks

Regular Contributor

Smile Re: Full Duplex 6630

I provided the link. I think that only Forum Nokia Pro members can access the link. I am sorry that I cannot provide the source because it is in the documentation that it is proprietary info. If it was non-proprietary, it should be available somewhere here in non Forum Nokia Pro sites. I would be glad to help in any other way I can though.

Regular Contributor

Hi All,

I'm also not a member of Nokia Pro and breaking my head about that Full Duplex.

Please, can some one send me something to "nahum.nir@gmail.com"

Thanks, Nahum.

I need working example of full duplex streaming audio, I want to build application that some kind of VoIP, I know that I must set:
    input priority to 99 and put custom value of TMdaPriorityPreference 0x1410001, and output priority to 80, and (TMdaPriorityPreference)0x1310001.

The example shouldn't be only in the pro version, because for me it's not pro example (it's feature hiding) and I as a loyal customer of nokia product really don't appreciate that kind of policy. It's make smartphone not smart.

Anyway, if anyone have their own example of this, or want to send your own source code, send it to me please at arifnpm@yahoo.com

Super Contributor

Hi,
    You all need to load the s60 3rd Edition MR patch which provides you with the update which allows you to use these definitions.

download at
    http://ncsp.forum.nokia.com/csp/?bod...S60_3rd_ed.exe

This is an Extensions plug-in for S60 3rd Edition SDK for Symbian OS, for C++, MR. This plug-in provides support for the following MMF APIs: MMF DevSound API Multimedia Controller API MIDI Custom Commands API Multimedia Common API Multimedia Controller Framework API Multimedia Framework Audio Input API Multimedia Framework Audio Output API Multimedia Framework Base Class API Multimedia Standard Custom Commands API Multimedia Standard Sources And Sinks API In addition, it provides support for the Calendar Interim Utils 2 API.
    WONT WORK WITHOUT THIS PATCH, no matter how what UID you use.
    ON yeah!. It free to download in the exportable world. Its NOT covered by NDA because I can see it at

http://newlc.com/S60-3rd-Edition-SDK...e-MMF-and.html

The information was given below in posting #7.

Jim

Super Contributor

This is precisely what the knowledgebase says about full-duplex

--------------
    The Symbian OS reference design does not support full duplex audio because the audio policy has been designed to be simple 'one-shot' audio playback / recording i.e. only one application will have any audio at any time. This policy is in the non-standardised part of the audio subsystem DevSound and so phone manufacturers are able to include full duplex audio in their own designs if they wish.

At present only the 6630 (based on Symbian OS 8.0a) has included a full duplex audio policy. This is, however, restricted and has to be initialised into full duplex 'mode' via a proprietary request. In order to obtain the information on how to do this, 3rd parties are advised to speak directly to Nokia who may be able to release this information.

-----------

If any of u guys have been able to implement this or have any examples please let me know as well.

Cheers

Nokia Developer Expert

I am suggesting that non-PRO members would contact regional VoIP contacts if you need access to this full-duplex example for S60 2nd Ed devices:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=94759

You may want soon to start working with S60 3rd ed devices (e.g. only S60 3rd ed devices have WLAN, better SIP support) and you will need in that project the Audio Proxy Server as described in the technical library. That package has also a test application (loop back client which is very similar to the example available on PRO website for S60 2nd devices) with source code that should help with your project quite a bit.

Nokia Developer Expert

Maybe I can help. Developers that would need the Full Duplex example for S60 2nd, please contact me directly: niklas.lyback@nokia.com.

However, my advice would be to work on S60 3rd edition. Please see the full duplex example available with the Audio Proxy Server. Audio Proxy Server is now available publicly in the S60 3rd Ed maintenance release SDK plug-in:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...Pack1.zip.html

Note: You will need Multimedia DD in your DevCert to use this component. Please submit your request to Nokia.testing@nokia.com to get it.

Best,
    Niklas

Regular Contributor

Smile Re: Full Duplex 6630

Would you have a list of supported phones or this works on all S60 3rd ed phones? Thanks

Nokia Developer Expert

The Loop-back client ("Full Duplex") example for S60 2nd edition devices is now public.

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n..._0_en.zip.html

Nokia Developer Expert

Forum Nokia has made the full-duplex example for S60 2nd ed public:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n..._0_en.zip.html

Please note that even this example runs on S60 3rd devices, you are recommended to use the other full-duplex example with APS (Audio Proxy Server), because it solves audio routing and audio delay issues. Example for S60 3rd ed devices is available in the S60 3rd ed SDK plug-in:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...Pack1.zip.html

Hi,
    I have written a S60 2nd ed. program which detects DTMF tones during a voice call.In this manner I can activate program functions during the voice call.

The only problem I have is to start audio file play during the call:the full-duplex example provided by Nokia outputs only on earpiece:

from release notes:"Audio output routing cannot be controlled. On S60 2nd Edition devices, audio is played routed to the earpiece by default."

But in my case I need to output the audio on call uplink..

Is it possible ?
    Thanks in advance.

Regular Contributor

Hi,

You can add the DTMF tone to the buffer of the audio. Hope it helps you.

Nahum

Hi,
    Thanks for the answer but my problem is not to recognise or play DTMF tones..
    I need the full-duplex example to play sound/music not on earpiece(as it does now) but on a voice call uplink.I wonder if it is possible or not..
    I think the answer is : not possible.
    In any case,thanks for help.

Best regards,

Alex