Discussion Board

How to reduce image resolution captured by camera?

Hi,

I'm developing an application that captures images using the camera device.

The class CCamera doesn't seem to have a method for changing pixel resolution.

For example, 6630 captures images at 1280x960, but i need to capture only 640x480 images.

Please help me, i'm tring to capture a reduced picture of 640x480 instead of capturing a full image size and then reducing it. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Nokia Developer Moderator
    I'm sure it has a method for selecting the different sizes available. Anyway can not remember what it is, but have a look first at the PrepareImageCaptureL and the size index in it. Then if it doesn't wotk, have a look at the SDK docs and try out different options.

yucca

It works

Thanks a lot symbianyucca,

the method you suggested me is right.

To capture 640x480 images with a 6630 the "aSizeIndex" parameter value for the method PrepareImageCaptureL is "1".

Nokia Developer Expert
    You should note that the size index differs on different models. In my app it took much bigger picture on 7610 than 6600 with same size index. What you should do is get all size indexes in code and go trough in loop what size index corresponds wanted resolution in specified phone. (Check TCameraInfo)

Well if you intend to run your app just in one model then you can hard code it of course.