Discussion Board

Recording with 16000 Hz on 6630

Is it possible to record audio at a sampling rate of 16 kHz on the Nokia 6630 (or on any other phone)?

I'm using CMdaAudioInputStream and recording with 8 kHz works fine. But when setting the rate to 16 kHZ recording freezes.

Tried it also on 7610; here the sampling rate seems automatically reset to 8 kHz. Playing at higher rates works.

Also used CMdaAudioRecorderUtility::GetSupportedSampleRatesL(...) but on both devices and even on the emulator i get "feature no supported".

Can please anyone tell me if recording at 16000 is definitely impossible and if so, is there a Headset that supports recording higher quality audio.

Seems that only 8kHz-recording is supported. 7610 uses Symbian 7.0, if you try to record at 16kHz, the samplingrate is set back to 8 kHz. On 6630 with Symbian 8.0 it happens simply nothing if you try recording at higher rates.

Problems about audio on 6630

Hi,

you haven't problem recording on 6630. Did you make some changes in AudioStreamExample? I can make it working well on 6600, but I have problems on 6630 and 6680. Could you tell me the firmware version of your 6630?

Thank you very much,

\Davide.