Discussion Board

WAP service problem on Apache

I just started coding WML but ran into a strange problem. When I open a WML page locally with an emulator (3510i) it works perfectly. So a WML syntax problem is out of the question. However, when I access it over the internet through my Apache 2.0.52 server problems occur sometimes, but not always so the server does work.
    For example, the following code which works both locally and over the internet on my server:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"
    "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">
    <wml>

<card id="login" title="login">

<p>
    Username: <input name="user"/>
    Password: <input name="pass"/>
    </p>

</card>
    </wml>

When I change the content of the login card to the following, the page only works locally on my emulator, not over the internet:

<p>Now it refuses to open <br/>
    Username: <input name="user"/>
    Password: <input name="pass"/>
    </p>

So it shouldn't be a syntax problem. Could possibly be a server problem, but this would be strange because short pages seem to work over the internet.
    I tested the page through http://www.gelon.net/cgi-bin/hostcheck.cgi and it received the Content-type as text/vnd.wap.wml so MIME settings shouldn't be the problem.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Last edited by bigg_o; 2005-03-24 at 09:55.

I did a little more testing, and some of my WML pages stop working when the size of the page is above 255 B.

Again, this problem only occurs when I load the page over the internet, but not when I load it locally (directly from my HD).

I'm puzzled.

Page size

In the wap specification it is said that the wap pages must have a size limit. So eighter your mobile browser or the wap gateway fails to deliver the page.
    Keep the page simple - that is the solution and the WML purpose

Re: Page size

Originally posted by mmmlight
    In the wap specification it is said that the wap pages must have a size limit. So eighter your mobile browser or the wap gateway fails to deliver the page.
    Keep the page simple - that is the solution and the WML purpose
    the size shouldn't be limited to 255 B. that adds up to just a couple words. and my mobile browser (3510i) should have a page size limit of 2.8 kB.
    and if you are referring to the gateway that i use on my computer, i dont think thats the problem either. because if i use it to access pages from other wap sites, my mobile browser with the gateway works fine. the problem only occurs on my site.