Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Using GDB with CodeWarrior produces .sym file

Hi,

I have a series 60 project which I compile with CW 2.8. Everything seems to work OK.
    The problem is that I can't use GDB to debug it properly. It seems like GDB can't locate my source files at all.

I tried compiling the project using the command line Series 60 SDK tools, and GDB found the sources.

Is there anything I need to change in CW preferences panels for this??? While playing around with this, I noticed that the debug info flag (-g) doesn't appear anywhere in CW.

Please advice.

Thanx
    Yaron Tadmor

Nokia Developer Expert
    Yaron,

I would recommend looking at what parameters are specified for the build on the command line and adding or modifying the relevant ones in the project settings in CodeWarrior. The place to do that is in the Symbian Compiler panel.

Regards,

Matt Pinsonneault
    Nokia Developer Support

Regular Contributor
    Hi Matt,

I've checked all options of compilation and linking, and everything is the same.

The only differece I found is in the paths. CodeWarrior uses full paths, including a drive specifier (eg: c:\....), whereas the SDK make files use relative paths, or at least don't use a drive specifier.

It seems like GDB simply can't handle DOS sytyle full paths, which contain a drive letter and the ":".

Is there a way to fix this in GDB, or make CodeWarrior use relative paths??

Thanx
    Yaron Tadmor