Discussion Board

Making JAR and JAD files

I'm having some trouble making the JAR and JAD files for a little program i've completed.

There are six classes and 47 pictures.

What do i need to do to create the JAR and JAD fiels for that? What goes into the MANIFEST.MF file?

A step by step instruction guide, or where to find one, would surely be appreciated by not only myself but all those who are just beginning.

Cheers,

Åge Kruger

Super Contributor
    Hi

Try Downloading and installing Nokia Developer suite for J2ME.(V2.2 is available now)
    It is really usefull...And also dont forget to read the Users Guide along with that...
    Hope this helps...

regards
    Gopal

Thanks for the reply,

I downloaded the Development Suite from Nokia and to be honest it wasn't much help at all. It constantly stalls, is completely unresponsive as hinders the development process as opposed to helping it. That's not your fault, of course, that's just me being angry at how we're all feeling around in the dark, and Nokia will only give us a flashlight without batteries.

I did find this site, however:
    http://www.colinfahey.com/2002dec14_...pplication.htm
    It tells you what should go in a Manifest file, how to make a .jar with all your stuff in it, and what you write for a .jad. Very helpful!

Super Contributor
    Hi..

The NDS is surely usefull; But I suppose as a newbie ; there might be problems 4 u...But when u get used to it ; it will be really nice...

And also wht had done in my entry time to J2me was to copy the devices say 6230 emulator from the devices folder of NDS and pasted it in the C:\WTK22\wtklib\devices folder.

So that u can work on Nokia emulator through WTK.

regards
    Gopal