Hi ,

I am trying out the sample example obtained from sun for push registry.To start with i have copied the given code in my simple application in which i just start the application and then quit.

Now,i am calling a function scheduleMIDlet() from my midlet's destroy method...As i have understood from reading the new API, PushRegistry.registerAlarm() will allow the AMS (application management software) to call my midlet's startMethod() after the time(specified in the arguement list) elapsed after my application quits,but after waiting for 1 min(the time i have specified for the alarm) nothing happens.

how will i get my application to be called after some specific time(basically alarm) when i quit my app.

also before i quit the application (i m using sun's j2me emulator) asks me the question which goes like this
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------
"To work properly,PushExample will need to startitsself periodically to receive information.................

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------

jad/manifest files are also shown

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
public void destroyApp(boolean uc) throws
MIDletStateChangeException {
display = null;
try {
// Set up the alarm and force the MIDlet to exit.
scheduleMIDlet(1000*60*1);//1 minute
}
catch(ClassNotFoundException e) {
System.out.println("Exception during destroyApp()");
e.printStackTrace();
}
catch(ConnectionNotFoundException e) {
System.out.println("Exception during destroyApp()");
e.printStackTrace();
}
}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------
private void scheduleMIDlet(long et)
throws ClassNotFoundException,
ConnectionNotFoundException,
SecurityException {
Date alarm = new Date();
String midletClassName = this.getClass().getName();
long t = PushRegistry.registerAlarm(
midletClassName, alarm.getTime()+et);
}

------------------------------------manifest fie------------------MIDlet-1: PushExample, , BasicPushMIDlet
MIDlet-Name: PushExample
MIDlet-Permissions: javax.microedition.io.PushRegistry
MIDlet-Vendor: Sun Microsystems
MIDlet-Version: 1.0
MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.0
MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0
-------------------------------jad file------------------------------------

MIDlet-1: PushExample, , BasicPushMIDlet
MIDlet-Jar-Size: 100
MIDlet-Jar-URL: PushExample.jar
MIDlet-Name: PushExample
MIDlet-Permissions: javax.microedition.io.PushRegistry
MIDlet-Vendor: Sun Microsystems
MIDlet-Version: 1.0
MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.0
MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------
thnx in advance
nisha