Discussion Board

Run Python script

Hi,

I'e installed the Nokia an symbian packages on my PC so as to test some programs with the emulator.I copy my scripts in the \System\apps\Python\My directory..
    But it's really uncomfortable to run it directly on the emulator, particularly for big codes..Imagine i ve many errors in my code..It'd be very difficult for me to see all this..
    So i tought it could be easy while running my scripts directly with Idle oder a simple Python Debbuger, but unfortunately it's not the case..I think there are many librariey for Python Series 60 that aren't in the normal Python library Package.

How can i please run my programs if not directly throug the emulator? A bluetooth console can be use as an interactive one on my computer if i have a real phone.But in my case i'm working the emulator.
    Have anybody an idea?

Super Contributor

Re: Run Python script

Originally posted by djoumbou
    Hi,

I'e installed the Nokia an symbian packages on my PC so as to test some programs with the emulator.I copy my scripts in the \System\apps\Python\My directory..
    But it's really uncomfortable to run it directly on the emulator, particularly for big codes..Imagine i ve many errors in my code..It'd be very difficult for me to see all this..
    So i tought it could be easy while running my scripts directly with Idle oder a simple Python Debbuger, but unfortunately it's not the case..I think there are many librariey for Python Series 60 that aren't in the normal Python library Package.

How can i please run my programs if not directly throug the emulator? A bluetooth console can be use as an interactive one on my computer if i have a real phone.But in my case i'm working the emulator.
    Have anybody an idea?
    You could try to configure the emulator to have access to the network. That way you could then run the interactive console over a TCP connection to the Windows side. The procedure is a bit tricky, but there are instructions for it at the Symbian site. I haven't tried this myself yet, so if you try it and get it working, then please post about it!

Thanks for ur help,

Can u tell me where u find that description (about how to connect the emulator to a network)on the Symbian site?
    I was looking at that but without success.

Yannick

Nokia Developer Champion