Discussion Board

series 40 getting started

I've read a number of the FAQs and other posts and have not found my answer yet.
    I thought this would be in an FAQ, or in the introduction white paper - but it was not.
    Simply put, I want to develop a simple java app for a series 40 phone platform. I am in the experiment/proof-of-concept stage.
    For example - verizon (USA, cdma phone) offers a 6015i phone. Seems like a good one to try.
    If it is a bad one to try, please point me to a better phone (I want to do this on a cheap platform, not a big-fat platform)
    After I download install, and setup the SDK, what exactly do I need to do to download java app to my test phone.
    Can some one point me to the documentation for this? Perhaps I'm blind and I can't seem to find it.
    The "Conectivity FrameWork Kit" appears to be for GSM phones, not CDMA phones.
    I'd like to do it all with a cable between my PC and the phone, or some other simple means (other then going through the local provider verizon). Remember, I am in the proof of concept stage, and just experimenting.
    Thank you.

Is there a PC Suite (and you happen to use a Win32 platf) for your phone?

I did some basic testing on a 5140 (S40, MIDP 2.0, DKU-5 USB cable) - just created the .jar & .jad files and used the PC Suite Application installer.

If I remember correct, the Nokia Dev Suites (if used standalone) also include an installer...