Discussion Board

MMS notification to Nokia 3510 phone

Hi,
    I am able to send the MMS notification to the Nokia 7650 phone. But I am unable to send the MMS notification to the Nokia 3510 phone. What is the difference between MMS notification sent to the Nokia 7650 phone and Nokia 3510 phone? Shall I add some special headers to MMS notification for Nokia 3510 phone? If anybody is successfull in sending the notification to the Nokia 3510 phone. Please help me.
    regards
    Guru

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: MMS notification to Nokia 3510 phone

Hello!

As the m-notification-ind is specified at WAP specifications, there is no difference those PUSH messages. Nokia MMSC is able to send notifications trough the Push Proxy Gateway.

May I ask why you are sending those notifications by your self?

Teemu / Forum Nokia

Hi,

One may like to send MMS notification by its own because it want to bypass telco MMSC. I am just gussing and not knowing is this is possible:-

1) Service provider send MMS notification to phone
    2) Phone will retrieve the MMS content that stated
    in the URL of the notification.
    3) The content will delivered via telco WAP gateway,
    which is open to internet.

Please comment if this is possible ?

Best Regards,
    HY

Hi auvinent

there are at least 3 reasons for not using operator MMSC

1) a SMSC is cheaper than a MMSC, so many developers use SMS (m-notification-ind) to send MMS
    2) a lot of operators don't let have access to their MMSC yet. Don't ask me why, it's so (marketing reasons ?)
    3) A lot of operator MMSC are not interoperability. In Italy Vodafone-Omnitel and Tim.

By the way, guru_parab said "I am able to send the MMS notification to the Nokia 7650 phone. But I am unable to send the MMS notification to the Nokia 3510 phone." What do you think about this? Is there any difference between 7650 and 3510 for m-notification-ind? It could be only a setting matter?

hello, guru_parab

I am also sending mms notification,but i do not know format for pdu.can you tell me these for nokia 7610?

thanks.
    alkysebta