Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Application Installer for 6310i?

Hello, i need an easier way to install MIDP applications on my 6310i than to upload it on a webserver and download it again through GPRS. Does anyone know where i can find the Application Installer software the documentation talks about, but which is NOT included on the CD, nor downloadable from the site? Thanks..

RE: Application Installer for 6310i?

I am experiencing the same problem with my 6310i. Everywhere mentions use the Application Installer but where is the Application Installer? I have .jar and .jad files downloaded to my pc but cannot get them on to my phone.

Regular Contributor

I presume Nokia plan to release a PC application that makes installing MIDlets simple, but at the moment it's not available.

You can use the Nokia Developer's Suite Beta 0.3 for J2ME?, which is downloadable from the Forum Nokia downloads page. This lets you deploy MIDlets (jar and jad files) from a PC onto the 6310i using a data cable. It's not really a retail/end user tool though, you need to have a little technical understanding to use it, but it might be what you are looking for.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Use a serial cable to download the application through the the Nokia Development Suite. Alternatively, put the files on a web server and browse to them using the the phone's wab browser. Make sure the server supports the following MIMe-types:

text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor jad
    application/java-archive jar

/Michael