Discussion Board

Unhappy Series 60 Theme Studio - unable to create a New Theme

Hi all, I've downloaded the Series 60 Theme Studio from Nokia website and successfully installed it into my Windows 2000 notebook. The problem I'm facing now is I couldn't create a new theme. I tried clicking this on the Menu: Theme --> New and an error message appears as:
    Unable to read skin information Error generated by Parser: The content of element type "toolbox" must match "EMPTY".

I was then presented with a Create New Theme dialog box (with the theme name input fields, etc) but I was not allowed to click OK and hence, i were never ever get to create a new theme.

What's wrong with this? Could it be there's error while downloading/installing the Series 60 Theme Studio? If so, why didn't I received any message error while downloading/installation?

Any help is highly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Super Contributor
    Did you install the JRE (Java Run-time Environment) version that came with Series 60 Theme Studio, or are you relying on some other, already installed version?

If so, try uninstalling (or at least installing the very same JRE version that the Series 60 Theme Studio requires - I don't remember which version that is).

wow, u r great! I didn't install the JRE that comes with Theme Studio as I already got a JRE installed on my computer.
    Ok, I'll try to re-install the Theme Studio and use the JRE provided in it. Thanks for the help. Good day!

Re: Series 60 Theme Studio - unable to create a New Theme

hi yukimi did it work out after u installed the JRE which nokia has prescribed??
    are u able to create the themes now?

Hi hitman_01, yes, it worked out after i installed the JRE which Nokia prescribed. Feel free to try.
    Have a nice day!

I have a unique problem in the sense i cannot open the zip file that the file is downloaded in. I am currently using windows xp
    Any help?????

Nokia Developer Moderator

Which zip would that be? (and why do you reopen a thread closed almost a year ago ?)