Discussion Board

Problem in Interjection of Sound in Live Voice Call on Nokia 6620

I tried to interject sound into Live voice call. It works fine on Nokia 3650 , N-Gage and 6600.

But while doing the same on Nokia 6620 I am facing some problems.
    While running my application standalone it plays sound well.
    But when on Nokia 6620 I am on call and try to play any sound from my application. No sounds are been played, so no interjection is happening.

My code is built with Series 60 SDK 6.1. Nokia 6600 and Nokia 6620 both are based on Series 60 SDK 7.0. The diffrence in Nokia 6600 and 6620 is just an addition of Feature Pack 1 in Nokia 6620.
    The Code works fine on Nokia 6600 but not working on Nokia 6620.

Does anybody have clue regarding this then help me out

Nokia Developer Moderator
    have you tried if building with 2.1 SDK would do any changes. Basically the audio handling is done very differently between OS 6.1 & OS 7.os phones, and it it advisable to build the tergets with right SDKs.

yucca

Thanks for giving feedback. But I tried it compiling with

Symbian Series 60 SDK 6.1

Symbian Series 60 SDK 7.0

Symbian Series 60 SDK 7.0 with Feature Pack 1 (Specific for Nokia 6620)

Any of my compiled SIS file doesn't work over Nokia 6620. Whenver I am in Live voice call. No sound get played.

Parvinder

Nokia Developer Moderator
    ok, try using recorder class for it, and set the priority for it to 80. then it should work.

Also check the error codes in your callback functions, they could provide some clues on the error.

yucca

Thanks for your feedback. But I already tried using Recorder class with priority value set to 80. This is only way that the same code is working with Nokia 6600. If i change the priority from 80 the code even didn't work on Nokia 6600. And on Nokia 6620 even with priority value 80 in recorder class code didn't work.

Nokia Developer Expert
    Having sourced information inside Nokia, I can now confirm that there is in fact a underlying HW architecture related problem in 6620, which prevents sound Interjection to live voice call on Nokia 6620. The same limitation does not exist e.g. in 6600, 3650, N-gage or 6630. More detailed explanation will follow later.

Jarkko / Forum Nokia

Thanks for your feedback. This is what i am looking for. I want to know more about SDK 7.0 with Feature Pack 1-new. Nokia 6620 and Nokia 7610 both are based on SDK 7.0 with Feature PAck 1-new. Is the same problem persist in Nokia 7610. And whats the difference between Nokia SDK 7.0 for Nokia 6600, SDK 7.0 with Feature Pack 1 and SDK 7.0 with Feature Pack 1-new.

What are the known issues with Feature Pack 1 and Feature Pack 2.

Feasibility and compatibility of application with these three different SDKs.

Nokia Developer Expert
    Well in essence this problem has nothing to do with Symbian C++ or Nokia Series 60 Platform (software), and thereby with the Feature Packs 1 or 2 or 3. Instead this is a hardware-specific problem and only occurs in the following devices: Nokia 6620, Nokia 7710, Nokia 9500 and 9300 Communicators. All other Nokia devices based Symbian OS have different underlying hardware.

As a wrap up on the issue:
    Audio cannot be played to the uplink of an active voice call, because the underlying hardware (TI OMAP 1510) in these devices does not allow application audio to be mixed with in-call audio.

How to reproduce: While in an active voice call, use CMdaAudioOutputStream or CMdaAudioPlayerUtility of the Multi Media Framework (MMF) Client API to play audio to the audio hardware. As a result you get an error code –13 (KErrDied).

This will be listed as a known issue within the Technical Library on the next week update
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/TechnicalLibrary

Thanks for ur feedback. It helps me lot in looking forward to interjection on mobile devices. Now I am trying to interject sound on Nokia 6630. I am working on same codebase as for Nokia 6600/3650 etc. The Code works fine for Nokia 6600/3650. But its still giving problems with Nokia 6630. I am using following line of code for recorder utility.

iMdaAudioRecorderUtility = CMdaAudioRecorderUtility::NewL(*this,NULL,80);

After that i tried setting each telephony mode(EDefault, ELocal etc.) but the problem persist and sound interjection is not happening. I am playing data using descriptor.

I looked into the SDK there is no change in CMdaAudioRecorderUtility. Is anyone have clue that wat need to be changed to do interjection on Nokia 6630 as interjection is possible on it.

I'm have this problem on the 6630 as well. Has anyone found a solution?

On Nokia 6620 it is the problem with hardware lying on the phone. This is a known issue mentioned in Known issue document on Nokia website.

For Nokia 6630 i m also facing the same problem lets discuss our views on this problem. If u have any clue why is that so.

Sorry, but I don't have a clue. Maybe someone from Nokia can comment. Does this bug extend to 6630?

Not working for me

I am trying to do similar kind of functionality on 6600 and tried to play like this

iSound = CMdaAudioRecorderUtility::NewL(*this,NULL,80);
    iSound->OpenFileL(aFileName);

//and in MoscoStateChangeEvent

iSound->SetAudioDeviceMode(CMdaAudioRecorderUtility::ETelephonyNonMixed);
    iSound->SetVolume(iSound->MaxVolume());
    // Set the playback position to the start of the file
    iSound->SetPosition(TTimeIntervalMicroSeconds(0));
    iSound->SetRepeats(KMdaRepeatForever,TTimeIntervalMicroSeconds(10000));

and after call is connected
    iSound->PlayL();

But the audio i am trying to play is getting played through phone speaker along with telephone uplink direction.

Can u people post some working code snippet

Re: Problem in Interjection of Sound in Live Voice Call on Nokia 6620

Hi all,

I'm doing a similar application here, I want to make an IVR application, I need to play wav when call active. In 6600, it works well but the wav also played loud in the local speakr (it is suppose to play in the telephony uplink only), but in 6680, the wav could not play through phone uplink, only through local speaker (with tiny voice too)...do you know what's wrong?

the wav is played in 6680, but with tiny voice as if it weren't playing...

I already set the device mode into ETelephonyNonMixed, it is supposed to play wav only through telephony uplink, not the device speaker....confusing...does anyone out there know bout this??

Thank you very much

irma