I have setup the S60_2nd_FP2 SDK on two different machines. One running XP SP2 the other W2K SP4.
The installations are absolutely identical. I have checked this with a diff application, also the Perl version and JRE matches exactely and the files in "Program Files/Shared Files/Symbian" are identical.
On the XP machine I can build e.g the HelloWorld example fine for thumb. On the W2K machine I get immediately various syntax errors e.g in "e32std.inl" I have found out that one point of the problem are defines over multiple lines. Since everything runs fine on XP in the same constallation I have no idea what else could went wrong.