Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Expert

Partial Downloading

hi,
    Am currently working on a symbian application for series 60 phones.I have a problem in file downloading.Need to know information on how to hault downloading when the network strenght is low or the battery level is low.The file should start downloading from where it has stopped before.It will be helpfull if someone provide us with some code on how to accomplish this task
    Thanking You,
    Anoop.

Super Contributor
    Downloading from where & how (with what protocol)?

If the server/protocol does not support starting a download (starting to read from a specific position), then there is nothing you can do without also changing the server/protocol.

E.g., if it is a web/HTTP download, the HTTP protocol does not have - as far as I know - a way to state that "I already have 2345 bytes of this file, so please, server, start sending me data only from byte 2346 and onwards".

Nokia Developer Expert

Downloading

hi,
    I have tried the same application in PDA ..Here i was able to get the file size from server through http.The problem is we are to symbian..So we dont know how to handle..But it is possible,since it worked in PDA.Anyone got any idea of how to handle this problem.
    Thanking You,
    Anoop

HTTP server is bieng used and the server supports this function. There is a Win32 API 'InternetSetFilePointer'. I would like to know if a similar one is available in Symbian.
    Thanking you,
    Laila.